The Leaning House
At the foot of the roman town walls (“Staufermauer”), at and over the river “Blau”, lies the leaning house. The small, timber framed house built in the 14th century, was extended and converted over the years until it reached its present size.
The leaning position, which gives it its name, arises from the extremely wide, sloping supporting beams, which extend over the “Blau” (1443). In 1620, the leaning position had to be corrected in a fundamental renewal of the building.
In 1995 the leaning house was completely renovated and has been used since then as a hotel.